What is Chakra Healing?
Chakras are energy vortexes or cross-points of energy all over your body, in which low frequency thoughts and emotions get stuck and manifest themselves into physical ailments in that area. For any physical ailments, chronic conditions and disorders that have manifested, it is always good to get a thorough cleansing and harmonizing of the chakras from time to time to ensure optimum health. The release of low energy frequency from the body is extremely beneficial for its smooth running and preventing the build-up of clogged energy.
Many people are aware of the 7 primary chakras that run down the center of the body. What is less well known is that there are actually 21 primary chakras that are extremely important for the health of the body. If just the 7 chakras down the center are healed, but not the other 14 primary chakras, healing and rejuvenation will be temporary because low energy from the other 14 will spill over to the connected 7 chakras that have been cleansed and create the problems again. Chakra cleansing is also very helpful in releasing emotional issues.
6 Ways To Balance Your Chakras
Balancing chakras can be approached in a wide range of ways. We’ll look at some of the most commonly used and the most powerful. You can use them in conjunction, or you can pick one or two that best suit your needs.
1. Meditation For Chakra Healing
This meditation begins with the basic meditation process we’ve already explored above. It can further be adapted for each of the 7 chakras. As you work through each of the stages, notice whether any area feels uncomfortable.
2. Chakra Affirmations
- “I feel my root chakra unblocking and inviting positive change.”
- “My sacral chakra is healing, and I am creating.”
- “Every day my solar plexus chakra is growing brighter.”
- “I work to unblock my heart chakra and move on from my pain.”
- “My throat chakra is balancing, and my words are becoming clearer.”
- “I unblock my third eye chakra, clarifying my vision and my intuition.”
3. Chakra Yoga
As explored when we looked at the history of chakras, balancing the chakras is an ancient practice. Consequently, yoga has long been used to unblock the chakras and help people to become attuned to their energy.
4. Change Your Diet
- Root Chakra: Elderberry, strawberries, tomatoes, raspberries.
- Sacral Chakra: Parsley, oranges, bell peppers.
- Solar Plexus Chakra: Chamomile, bananas, lemons.
- Heart Chakra: Lemon balm, green vegetables, green apples.
- Throat Chakra: Sage, blueberries, black currants.
- Third eye Chakra: Spruce, indigo vegetables.
- Crown Chakra: Thyme, eggplant, red grapes.
5. Chakra Healing Reiki
Reiki involves placing your hands on different places on the body in order to facilitate positive energy transfer, negative energy removal, and overall healing. Chakra healing reiki posits using this technique on the specific areas where each chakra is located.
6. Professional Energy Healers
Many people can benefit from visiting a professional energy healer. These professionals will assess a client’s energy levels and use that to figure out why they might be experiencing an energy blockage.
Signs You Might Benefit From 7 Chakra Balancing
To know if you need to be clearing your chakras, it is important to know what each of the seven represent. Here is a quick summary:
- Root Chakra – sits at the base of your spine and deals with fundamental survival needs (food, shelter, etc.)
- Sacral Chakra – located right below your belly button and governs your imagination (and your reproductive organs)
- Solar Plexus – found in your stomach and is crucial for digestion; also has an important mental and spiritual purpose
- Heart Chakra – controls cardiovascular system and governs your emotional connections
- Throat Chakra – located near the thyroid glands; regulates hormones and guides self-expression and communication
- Third Eye Chakra – found just above your eyebrows; source of insight and intuition
- Crown Chakra – located at the top of the head; acts as a power connection to the rest of the world
If all of your chakras are balanced and aligned, you will feel healthy physically, emotionally, and spiritually. However, they can become blocked due to a number of factors (stress, trauma, etc.).